At Southwood Primary School we strive for excellence in a happy, stimulating, supportive and caring community which enables each child to develop their talents and qualities of character in order to reach his or her potential and promote the highest standards of work and behaviour.
Aims of the School
- To provide a welcoming, caring and inclusive environment that nurtures and encourages a love of learning.
- To offer a diverse and challenging curriculum that engages and stimulates pupils, taking care to meet the individual needs of pupils.
- To encourage pupils to become confident, independent learners to develop the skills they need for future success.
- To foster each child's spiritual, emotional, moral, social and cultural development, promoting positive attitudes and a clear understanding of British Values.
- To inspire our future generation to develop an awareness of global citizenship and personal accountability.
- To promote high aspirations by providing pupils with opportunities to learn about the career options open to them in the future.
- To provide pupils with core skills and capabilities such as team work, problem solving and imagination in order that they strive to be the best they can be.
Our governors, parents and community are key partners and we are committed to working together to sustain a strong sense of community, promote educational achievement, raise children’s self-esteem and encourage a sense of pride in our school and community. We are committed to inclusion, believing that every children has the right to succeed. We will strive to take ownership of the responsibility to ensure that any barriers to learning are overcome and that all children experience success.