There's a Power in the Music
An uplifting song that encourages and inspires
Please take a look at the Music Service website for instrumental, singing and other musical tuition.
The Music Service website is constantly updated with resources and useful links for schools and for children working at home.
Resources can be found under the tab: ‘Resources’ and 'Music at home'.
At Southwood we value music education because it is a unique form of communication and expression.
We aim to develop sensitivity and creative ability in all pupils.
We seek to engage and inspire pupils to develop a love of music, to increase their self-confidence, creativity and sense of achievement.
At Southwood Primary School we aim to provide:
- A worthwhile and enjoyable musical experience through active listening and participation
- Access to instrumental learning opportunities
- Opportunities to develop musical knowledge, concepts, skills and evoke a creative response to music through experiencing and experimenting with sound through eg listening, appraising, performance, singing and composing
- Opportunities to become aware of musical traditions and cultural similarities and differences
- Awareness that music can support the development of our wider school ‘Core Values’ such as sharing, communication, participation, co-operation, self-esteem, self-image, decision making, creativity, respect for own and other cultures.