Welcome to our virtual Music Room.
Please take a look & listen to some amazing music work the children have created.
At Southwood we value music education because it is a unique form of communication and expression.
We aim to develop sensitivity and creative ability in all pupils.
We seek to engage and inspire pupils to develop a love of music, to increase their self-confidence, creativity and sense of achievement.
At Southwood Primary School we aim to provide:
- A worthwhile and enjoyable musical experience through active listening and participation
- Access to instrumental learning opportunities
- Opportunities to develop musical knowledge, concepts, skills and evoke a creative response to music through experiencing and experimenting with sound through eg listening, appraising, performance, singing and composing
- Opportunities to become aware of musical traditions and cultural similarities and differences
- Awareness that music can support the development of our wider school ‘Core Values’ such as sharing, communication, participation, co-operation, self-esteem, self-image, decision making, creativity, respect for own and other cultures.
This piece is called 'Merlin's Incantation'.
An incantation is a spell.
How does the music sound special or magical?
This piece of Music is called 'Into the Distance'.
How does the composer create the idea of space or distance in the music?
Listen to the performance of 'King William's March'.
What makes this music good to march to?
Can you hear repeated rhythm patterns?
Take a look at some of the work the children have sent in.
Thank you for your hard work and imagination!
These music recordings are amazing!
Children's Music Recordings
The music was created by the children.
They used a topic as a guide.
Amazing imagination & creativity!
Please take a look at the Music Service website for instrumental, singing and other musical tuition.