Vision for Science
Science at Southwood will promote curiosity at every opportunity.
Principles for Science Learning
- Southwood Science is pupil led, practical and ‘hands-on’, giving a real life context.
- Southwood Science should be engaging and fun.
- Southwood Science should promote ‘talk’ and ‘deeper thinking’, allowing children to make connections with previous learning and experiences.
- Southwood Science is about getting outside and experiencing Science in the wide world.
- Southwood Science introduces the correct scientific vocabulary which allows children to communicate using subject specific language.
- Southwood Science explores the lives of famous historical and modern day scientists.
- Southwood Science introduces children to real scientists and engineers to see how STEM subjects are used in the work place.